A Special Thank You
Be our guests for a week
Experience the beauty of Italy in our Tuscan base
Our team has worked very hard to create a beautiful and diverse artistic centre in Chianciano Terme, consisting of an art museum and over 10 distinct and diverse art galleries all around town, with exhibitions ranging from history to contemporary art and over 1000 artworks and artefacts on display at any time.
More recently, our team has also refurbished a hotel, called the Chianciano Arts Club and Residence. It is a beautiful place blessed with the most breathtaking views and it is our pleasure to invite our clients for a complementary week's stay as a special thank you for trusting our gallery over the last 40 years. The invitation is for the months from June to September - the most beautiful period to visit Tuscany.
In 2005, Roberto Gagliardi fell in love with a magnificent Liberty style building in Chianciano Terme, located in the heart of Tuscany. The structure was a 150 year old, 3000 square metre, hotel that, since its transformation, has become the Chianciano Art Museum and home to the Gagliardi Gallery collections. The artworks range from from Neolithic Asian art to Renaissance art and contemporary art with over 1000 pieces on show. The museum is open to the public, from June to September, with its wonderful permanent collection and is active with international exhibitions such as the Biennale of Chianciano that, every two years, gathers the artworks of 120 artists from 40 different nations in a celebration of contemporary art.
In 2015, Mr Gagliardi decided to expand and enhance the artistic offering of Chianciano by opening 10 new and free art galleries in the medieval part of town. Many of the shops and locations purchased had been in existence since the 12th Century and required a lot of renovation. The collection of creative spaces is called the Chianciano EXPO and consists of exhibitions ranging from medieval weapons to immersive video projections, virtual reality, history and art. A truly stimulating journey into the avant guard as well as magnificent tradition.
In 2018, the Chianciano Arts Club was inaugurated and consists of 30 guest rooms, a fabulous terrace and common spaces. The Club is furnished with fabulous artwork, antique furniture and Persian rugs offering a timeless charm to artists, academics and guests. The Club is also the official dependence of the Art Museum and the EXPO.
The Museum is ideally situated and easily reachable, being close to Siena, Perugia, Florence and Rome. Convenient nearby airports are Roma Fiumicino, Ciampino, and Florence. It is reachable by train (station: Chiusi-Chianciano Terme) and is in the centre of Chianciano Terme.
- Complementary double room in the Chianciano Arts Club and residence for up to 7 nights
- Complementary bottle of Chianti from the Strozzi Vineyards established over 1000 years ago
- Daily breakfast
What's not included
- Flights and transportation
- Meals during your stay other than breakfast
- Rent a car at the airport booking before you fly. The best way to visit Tuscany is to freely meander through the hill towns by car only using public transport when necessary (or for visits to more congested cities such as Florence or Rome where).
- If you are a gallery client and you have any questions or would like to accept our invitation, please feel free to call the gallery on +44(0)2073523663. We look forward to hearing from you.